Monday, June 2, 2014

First Weekend Randomness

My feet are tired. But getting stronger. 

Probably because we spent our entire first weekend in London doing this:
I accidentally took this picture, but it's quite appropriate.

I can't even get into everything we saw, but here are some highlights. (And I promise more thought out posts in the future!) 


Spotted on out way into town:



A shout out to Melissa Croft:



Our hotel is a block off Trafalgar square. It's crazy busy, but we're so close to so much.
Trafalgar Square at sunset.

Our hotel.

We made a trip to Whole Foods. No half-and-half to be had, but there is actual cream. It spoils super quickly.  



On Saturday we took the tube to Borough Market (see my food post) and walked to Shoreditch, stopping at the Old Spitalfields Market along the way. There's a dress I might go back for, but I'm trying to keep my shopping options open. 

We didn't stop in, but I do appreciate a good flow chart.

Oh, don't mind me, ad agency of everyone's hipster dreams. I'll just slip my book under the door. 

Speaking of hip, we stopped at the Ace Hotel for a restroom and wifi break. (OFFICIAL TIP: Hotels are the best place if you need a bathroom. Just walk in like you belong. Also, if you are in another country and trying not to use data on your phone, you can usually steal some wifi in the lobby.)

Even the hand dryers are hipper at the Ace hotel.

This is my kind of bar. Look at all that gin.

Random street spottings:




I'm seeing way more Mexican food than the last time I was here—
even some claiming to be Tex Mex. But I don't trust it.
I'll hold out for breakfast tacos when we get back.


I am 12

Random art show stop.
We stopped in the park—like everyone else. But, just like this time of year in Austin,
our walk eventually got interrupted by a race, in this case by the PruHealth World Triathlon . 

So we stopped by Buckingham Palace...
And walked home through the mall. 
Crowns topping the flagpole reminded me of Pamm Muzslay!

Sunny days!

There's always something to look at...
...including this guy, who reminded me of my old office mate:
Can't say I miss this guy.

No comments:

Post a Comment